Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"So, tell me....."


“Tell me something I don’t know”

This is a command MSNBC’s commentator Chris Matthews gives to his Sunday morning guests each week. I like it because the information coming back is not the usual spiel you hear from reporters everyday. It could be something under-reported i.e. President Obama’s phone call to Mark Buerhle after his perfect game.

This same technique can be used when you’re interviewing. The interviewer may know lots of information about you from your resume, handbill, LinkedIn, etc., but think about a piece of information, an accomplishment, an article you just read, an experience you’ve had that would inform the interviewer and help set you apart from other candidates.

So, “Tell me something I don’t know!”

No comments:

Post a Comment