Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Showing Up Everyday


I wish I'd gotten the email about "showing up everyday" years ago. As it was, I got it from a great manager who saw right through my daily BS. She took me aside and explained that work and life in general would be much happier for me and all around me if I'd show up everyday. What she was talking about was attitude, body language, voice tone, and a giving heart. I was one of those people who made sure everyone had a bad day if mine started out that way. My body language and tone of voice dared somebody to cross me...just once. Sometimes it was boyfriend problems, too much partying the before or just a nasty mood. However, I was a customer serice rep so feedback from customers and co-workers weren't glowing. So, I got fired. Looking back at this period of my career, I understand now that this was one of the best learning experiences of my career. I learned the world doesn't revolve around me and my problems and one but my dog wants to hear about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment