Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Just let me do this one thing....:"

CBS Sunday Morning had a great story on procrastination this week. The point of the piece was that the time you're using to procrastinate can be very productive. The most interesting and king of putting things off was Leonardo DaVinci. Rather than working on the projects Pope Leo had commissioned him to do he created his notebooks and made drawings of helicopters, tanks, solar powered machines, automated bobbins. I know I put stuff off that I don't want to do or am not in the mood to do.....like this posting tonight. Since starting it several hours ago, I've written my Mom a rambling email, sent out 5 brilliant Tweets, checked my three email boxes, Accepted four Linkedin invitations, watched an episode of "Bones", eaten a baked potato, let my dog out twice, filled the bird feeder, come up with a list of 18 topics for future blogs and discovered a new website: OpenZine. So I agree - procrastinating can be VERY productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment