Friday, November 4, 2011

Take Back Your Career











I've taken back my career four times. The first time I was laid off I was completed devastated. I didn't see it coming and I wasn't prepared I didn't have a current resume. My network was nonexistent. I didn't know where to start a job search or who I needed to talk to about getting another position. My job search took several months. When I finally found another job, I promised myself I'd never been unprepared again. However, I soon forgot that promise because I was feeling comfortable...I couldn't get laid off again. Yeah, right! Little did I know I'd be laid off three more times. After the second time, I kept my promise. In today's market with restructures and buyouts, job security is gone. Do yourself a favor and update your resume, rebuild your network and begin building a strong personal brand. Better yet, buy my book-Take Back Your Career!

No comments:

Post a Comment