Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Big 60


My birthday was November 2. I’m 60! It’s a milestone and great because:

 Partying with my 84 year old Mom on Rush Street and being proud of how well we party hardy isn’t surprising.

 Not having to do anything I don’t want to do or work with people I don’t like is liberating.

 Looking in the mirror and seeing a 20 year-old who’s reinventing herself is AB FAB.

 “Acting as if” and “making up as I go along” with even more conviction is way more fun.

 Deciding to work until I’m 87 is an easy decision.

 Giving back through volunteering and serving on the Board of Directors of the Community Career Center is even more fulfilling.

 Learning from all generations in the workplace is more fun than ever because I finally understand that we all can help each other.

 Embracing chaos is much easier than when I was 30….I understand it’s only temporary.

 Having fun with social networking and building my brand as THE Career Management Expert is easy.

 Trusting myself and my abilities and knowing that I’m surrounded by a great husband, family and friends pushes me forward fearlessly.

 Happy 60th to me!

1 comment:

  1. Jan - Happy belated birthday! You are an inspiration and I've loved seeing your work and reading your fun blogs. You've set a great example for those behind you and we're sure hoping we can keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete